In the early 1840’s pioneers noted that as they were crossing the bank of Sinking Creek, their horses and wagons churned up red clay where they forded. Redford’s pioneers found a beautiful spring which became known as Spout Springs, running year round with clear cool water along the creek. This quiet village was soon to be colonized. Behind the Baptist Church, established in 1890 (new building constructed in 1952), lies a cave that rumor holds, was used in the Civil War. Early settlers used this cave for shelter from storms and before Redford had electricity, townsfolk stored milk, butter and eggs here.

As the lumber industry developed, this village became the hub for wagons hauling lumber to Annapolis to meet the Missouri Pacific Railroad, or to a point on Sinking Creek where logs and ties could be floated down the Black River.

Soon after, a hotel/boarding home was opened where hungry timber-men and traveling salesmen were served fine meals and boasted about the clean and friendly well kept place “with especially soft beds”. Redford is the home of the annual Reynolds County Fair and Logan Creek Opry. The fair is held every Labor Day weekend and the wholesome, Branson-style show of the opry performs for your entertainment on the first Saturday of each month. The fairgrounds are located on Main Street near old homes and stores.